Carb cleaning 98' WR400

2 replies to this topic
  • Yama450YFZ

Posted November 14, 2009 - 07:25 AM

I am looking to clean out the carb on my 98' WR400 I am just wondering if there are any gaskets or seals I will need to order for it for reassembly or if there is a rebuild kit for it.
Thanks, Ray

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZWFO

Posted November 14, 2009 - 10:16 PM

I just did my 99 a few days ago. After removing the carb, i took of the top cover to check/clean the needle, and took off the bowl to clean, replace the needle valve and seat. I Cleaned all, in/out with carb/choke cleaner and cleared passages with compressed air. No gaskets or seals required for me, other than the parts i replaced for my specific symptoms. One issue I had was a leak with the accelarator pump. But it was because I didn't clean it when i had the carb out. Had to do it on the bike.

Local part shops seemed to have trouble locating aftermarket kits for my FCR 39. I Ended up going OEM for the parts I needed.

• Yama450YFZ

Posted November 15, 2009 - 11:18 AM

I just did my 99 a few days ago. After removing the carb, i took of the top cover to check/clean the needle, and took off the bowl to clean, replace the needle valve and seat. I Cleaned all, in/out with carb/choke cleaner and cleared passages with compressed air. No gaskets or seals required for me, other than the parts i replaced for my specific symptoms. One issue I had was a leak with the accelarator pump. But it was because I didn't clean it when i had the carb out. Had to do it on the bike.

Local part shops seemed to have trouble locating aftermarket kits for my FCR 39. I Ended up going OEM for the parts I needed.

Thanks for the help I am going to get started tonight

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.