2003 yz450f

4 replies to this topic
  • jturnbull329

Posted November 13, 2009 - 07:04 PM

i have a 2003 yz450f its almost all stock. it only has hot cams. i was wondering what i could do to get the best "bang for my buck." and get big power gains

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted November 15, 2009 - 01:36 PM

Most folks try and slow down the 03! You want more power?

Are you sure it is running right? If so you need a big bore kit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • l_campionero

Posted November 15, 2009 - 01:43 PM

03 YZ450s were TOO fast! If you need it faster, you are a brute, or the bike is not running properly.

• jturnbull329

Posted November 15, 2009 - 05:45 PM

im pretty sure its running right. it seems to me as if its running right. i think it just might be time for a new topend. i think im gonna do that this winter

• mikedabike

Posted November 15, 2009 - 07:42 PM

The 03 is the slowest of the 450yz's in a drag race but not by much. They seem fast because the power comes on quick and revs fast. If you already have cams the most bang for the buck is to have the head ported by someone who knows what they are doing and throw in a HC piston.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.