New Cams installed Now Snow

1 reply to this topic
  • unclemd

Posted November 13, 2009 - 01:09 PM

Dealer just installed my new Hot Cams in my 07 WR450F. 4 out of 5 valves where on the tight side so they had to re-shim. The correct shims where not in stock so by the time the order came in there was snow on the ground. Cams are installed and in spec now but Hot Cams recommends a 30 minute break in under light load but over 3000rpm and then clearances checked again. This will not be possible to do now due to the snow, is it critical to be done?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parx_400

Posted November 13, 2009 - 04:00 PM

I would say yes. You should just buy the hot cams shim kit. its like 70 bucks and includes all the shims you will ever need. Your buddies will love you for having it as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.