Thoughts/Opinions on this idea..

7 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted November 12, 2009 - 09:39 AM

Ok so I'm in need of some new graphics for my 07 as the OEM one's have started falling off. I'm also looking at getting a DEZ tank, which means I have to choose between IMS/Clarke (yes that old debate). If I go with the IMS I will need new shrouds and graphics (YZ specific) and it will just outright cost more. However, I found these shrouds from polisport with the graphics embedded in the plastic.
Posted Image
So with this setup the only additional cost is the price diff between the tanks. Or I go with a Clarke tank and continue to use my WR shrouds and buy some new aftermarket graphics. This option would likely save me at least $50, but I'm still not sure which tank is the better tank. It seems kinda lame but also kinda kewl to put YZ graphics on my WR, just to make it a little different. Anyhow just reaching out for some thoughts/opinions.....
If I stick with WR stuff and CLarke then these are the graphics I'd go with..
Posted Image

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted November 12, 2009 - 11:11 AM

That's a good idea with the embedded graphics. Still, I think you can use YZ Graphics on WR shrouds and not have a problem. Maybe some real minor mods to make it a go.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted November 12, 2009 - 11:14 AM

My graphics and YZ shrouds are so hacked on the WR now, that next time around I may just go with a Clarke tank and re-install my like new original WR shrouds and graphics rather than buying more of the YZ stuff. A little more expensive this way, but can then sell the IMS tank if needed to make up the difference.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 12, 2009 - 11:51 AM

That's a good idea with the embedded graphics. Still, I think you can use YZ Graphics on WR shrouds and not have a problem. Maybe some real minor mods to make it a go.

On a side now here, the yz250f uses the same plastics rad shrouds as the wr450f (aluminum frame).

What I cant figure out is why in the heck didnt Yamaha use the same dang shrouds on all 4 bikes (wr/yz 250/450) :smirk:

Then the only thing one has to do is print graphics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desdave

Posted November 16, 2009 - 07:38 AM

I really like the Polisport shrouds with the imbedded graphics. Who distributes them? I see their regular shrouds listed in the ThumperTalk store, but they don't list these with the graphics.

• rkwfxd1

Posted November 16, 2009 - 10:23 AM

OK, I too am going to install a larger tank. My shrouds and graffics are currently like new. Because of that, I am going to get the Clarke tank and hope that by the time I need new shrouds/graffics Polisport will have them for the WR.

If my shrouds and graffics were toast I would go IMS and Polisport YZ.

FWIW

• desdave

Posted November 16, 2009 - 10:49 PM

The polisport website shows the yz and wr shrouds with and without the imbedded graphics. However, I don't see the imbedded graphix type shown in the distributors catalogs (western power sports etc). Anyone know how these can be ordered?

• Wrfrk

Posted November 22, 2009 - 10:16 AM

I went this route.......
Posted Image
Posted Image
So I guess I'll be getting the Clarke tank once I get to that point, next spring!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.