yzf 450 front wheel alaignment

5 replies to this topic
  • mattyd1977

Posted November 12, 2009 - 07:32 AM

Not sure if anyone else had had this drama but my front wheel on my 06 450 sits approx 12 mm (about half inch) closer to the left fork than the right, I have measured everything and cant solve it, both the spacers are ok, the axle sits sweet, is it normal?

• oakhillbiker

Posted November 12, 2009 - 07:41 AM

loosen all your spokes down to one thread . Start with one turn at a time tighten every third spoke all the way around. keep going tell tight.

• grayracer513

Posted November 12, 2009 - 08:36 AM

Not sure if anyone else had had this drama but my front wheel on my 06 450 sits approx 12 mm (about half inch) closer to the left fork than the right, I have measured everything and cant solve it, both the spacers are ok, the axle sits sweet, is it normal?

Have the tripla clamps been changed? Does the right side end of the axle sit fairly near flush with the end of the bore in the fork lug?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mattyd1977

Posted November 13, 2009 - 02:55 AM

Hey greyracer, yep, the axle fits flush the the fork leg, the triple clamps are the same but I have recently fitted new spoke so I am going to check them as oak hill biker suggested.
thanks guys.

• grayracer513

Posted November 13, 2009 - 07:27 AM

... I have recently fitted new spoke ...

There's your problem: you centered the wheel incorrectly. But don't loosen all the spokes, only those on the left side. Loosen the entire left side by about two turns, then take up the right side by that amount. You may have to repeat this a time or two if you're off by 12mm, but that's the approach to take.

• saccityfire

Posted November 13, 2009 - 09:39 AM

It is interesting that the problem is often solved by knowledge a bit of *important* information that is usually left off of the initial post.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.