09 Vance & Hines vs. FMF

5 replies to this topic
  • CRFracer23

Posted November 11, 2009 - 08:59 PM

Looking for input between two specific exhaust for the 09. Vance and Hines Alumunium Pro or a FMF Ti Powercore 4 with a powerbomb or megabomb. Anyone have any input? Choosing between those two. Thanks :smirk:

• Family Man

Posted November 12, 2009 - 09:04 AM

I would go with the aluminum pro, I reckon the vance and hines it the same as the WB. Excellent exhaust system. Whats the price difference between the two? I saw a guy lay his bike over from practically a dead stop and crush his mega bomb to the point it almost closed shut completely. Contrary I have beaten the heck out of my WB aluminum pro 2 and it has survived excellent. Only lost 2 bolts and had the muffler bracket come loose. due to a bent sub frame causing the tire to whack the exhaust repeatedly. A+.

• grayracer513

Posted November 12, 2009 - 09:10 AM

Just for something to think about, both the PowerBomb and MegaBomb are available in stainless now, which makes them both less expensive and more durable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted November 12, 2009 - 09:30 AM

The ti-powercore doesn't perform any better than the stock 06 silencer. It is shorter, better looking, and a little lighter, but it adds no performance. If you go with FMF, it is worth the extra $70 for a Factory 4.1 with a stainless midpipe. The best bang for the buck header from FMF is by far the stainless powerbomb. It is much more durable than a titanium header, and the performance difference between the megabomb and the powerbomb isn't worth the price difference IMO.

• CRFracer23

Posted November 12, 2009 - 11:34 AM

What is the actual difference between the Ti Powercore and the Factory 4.1?

• KJ790

Posted November 12, 2009 - 11:44 AM

What is the actual difference between the Ti Powercore and the Factory 4.1?

Factory 4.1 has a midpipe that tapers to a larger diameter before entering the silencer, then the core of the silencer tapers smaller as it gets to the end. The ti-powercore pretty much has a straight core with a fairly constant midpipe diameter. The factory 4.1 performs much better than the ti-powercore. The factory 4.1 (even with the stainless midpipe) is also a tiny bit lighter than the ti-powercore.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.