in or out?

4 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted April 24, 2003 - 12:23 PM

when i am at a dead stop and i crack the throttle theres hesitation and it wants to die but if i ease on the gas it will haul ass. so should i go in with the fuel screw or out ?or chane jetting ? 165 mj 48 pj 72 starter ,needle in stock position fuel screw 2 1/4 turns out and im at sea level 60*

• gloft

Posted April 24, 2003 - 12:41 PM

I've got the same problem and I'm at 1500'. 155 main, YZ needle clip position 5, 2 turns out on fuel mixture screw. I plan on going to a 48 pilot and up one on the clip. I posted a thread a few weeks back but no one responded. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted April 24, 2003 - 01:15 PM

You may want to look at the timing of your accelerator pump.

• Rcsnowb

Posted April 24, 2003 - 04:01 PM

I am running a 160 main and 50 pilot with the fuel screw out about 2 turns. I generaly ride anywhere from 0-3000ft. and the bike seems to work great everywhere.

• Motorod

Posted April 25, 2003 - 12:56 AM

Go in on the fuel screw to 1-1/2 out. Bring the squirt screw out 1/2 turn. Put a YZ needle in it at -4.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.