What are wheels worth?

4 replies to this topic
  • biggziff

Posted November 11, 2009 - 10:28 AM

New (unused), take off WR450 wheels with tires and rotors. What would be a fair price for something like this? Any idea?

thanks

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 11, 2009 - 11:13 AM

New (unused), take off WR450 wheels with tires and rotors. What would be a fair price for something like this? Any idea?

thanks

150ish for the front
250 ish for the rear

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • biggziff

Posted November 11, 2009 - 12:27 PM

150ish for the front
250 ish for the rear

Ya? With brand new tires, sprocket, etc? I would have thought more, but what do I know?!? The only ones I could find on fleabay were $500 for a set of old nasty looking wheels with no tires! They didn't sell so maybe they're not worth what they want for new ones. New rim is $311.20, spokes are $70, hub is $130. Excel rim is 133.12 plus spokes and hub and labor to lace it, then you need bearings, rotor tire, tube, etc....hmmmmm

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 11, 2009 - 01:18 PM

I would have thought more

I would have thought the same thing when I sold my brand new never used stock wheels....I think I got 275 for the rear with out a rotor

The front is the hard one as it only really works with the WR due to the speedo drive so your potential buyers a cut in half right there. I waited and waited and it finally sold for 150 bucks w/ out a rotor

Honestly, its all a timing thing and finding the right buyer. You have to look at it like this....why would some one want to spend top dollar for you new wheel when they could get a different color for top dollar

If I could go back, I would have keep my stock setup as a spare :smirk:

• biggziff

Posted November 11, 2009 - 04:09 PM

I would have thought the same thing when I sold my brand new never used stock wheels....I think I got 275 for the rear with out a rotor

The front is the hard one as it only really works with the WR due to the speedo drive so your potential buyers a cut in half right there. I waited and waited and it finally sold for 150 bucks w/ out a rotor

Honestly, its all a timing thing and finding the right buyer. You have to look at it like this....why would some one want to spend top dollar for you new wheel when they could get a different color for top dollar

If I could go back, I would have keep my stock setup as a spare :smirk:

Makes sense. I found a complete setup, front and rear, unused with tires, also unused, rotors, sprocket, axles, spacers, etc for around $500 shipped to me. I intend to take the old wheels and put some trelleborgs on for the winter and keep the new set for other riding. I guess I'm not paying too much, but not getting a killer deal either. Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.