WR 250 F

2 replies to this topic
  • William

Posted April 01, 2001 - 11:44 AM

Has anybody tried it, dirt bike likes it alot and so does Randy Hawkins.

This bike might be perfect if it only has the power i need.

2000 WR400F
2000 EC 300
2000 TTR 125L
2000 TTR 90
1999 750 Katana

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted April 01, 2001 - 11:50 AM

I've not tried one, but it is a very interesting looking bike. I think it would depnd on your size and want, out of your bike.

I'm probably 230 with my armour on, even in peak condition, I still push 210, geared up. I feel it would be too small for me.

My buddy Jeff (GNCCYZ) bought one to race hare scrmables on and was going to use his YZ400 to train on. Last I heard, the 400 was for sale. He's in the 185-190 range.

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Posted April 01, 2001 - 03:57 PM

William, my buddy got one and really likes it. He had previously ridden a Honda 250 2 smoker and still has a DR. He is probably 160lbs and 5'9". Before he bought it he rode my WR400 and liked it but I think it was a titch too tall for him. We ride mostly mountain trails and Hare Scrambles type races now days. The WR250 moves pretty quick too! Good luck on your decision. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.