yz450f main bearing removal

3 replies to this topic
  • adski01

Posted November 10, 2009 - 10:33 PM

hey guys, i am currently rebuilding my 06 yz450f, i am a little stuck however, i have the cases appart and the crank out, but the main bearings are held in with a sort of bracket with 2 screws that look to be punched in, on an out side edge, and this will not allow them to be unscrewed.. i am abit confused as how to proceed.... any help would be appreciated cheers

• Apple

Posted November 10, 2009 - 11:03 PM

You need to drill out the punched spots, being carefull not to drill into the cases. That`ll make em a little easier to get out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrxed

Posted November 11, 2009 - 04:49 PM

Here's a link to dirtbike world where a guy rebuilding a wr250f gets the plate out.

http://www.dirtbikew...?t=63196&page=4

• adski01

Posted November 11, 2009 - 06:17 PM

ok thanks guys that helps heaps... cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.