99 WR much faster after carb work, but AP leaks?

2 replies to this topic
  • AZWFO

Posted November 10, 2009 - 06:22 PM

I replaced the needle valve and seat today due to poor starting and gas leaking from the overflow lines frommy FCR39 Carb. Before replacing parts, I cleaned the carb, needle, floats, etc and used compressed air after. Then re-assembled all. First test run, this bike makes way more power !!! Much faster through all the gears. It's also much easier to start. Goota love that!!:smirk:

However,. Now it doesn't idle normally. First runs too high, then too low, surges and even dies. SO I noticed my AP leaks/squirts out the top of the brass tube when the throttle is bliped. Anyone know what happened or how to check?

When I took off the float bowl the rod slid out of the AP, I just slid it back in gently on reassembly.

I adjusted fuel screw, to spec and then open a 1/2 turn more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZWFO

Posted November 10, 2009 - 06:45 PM

Ap pic

• AZWFO

Posted November 10, 2009 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, I didn't know either. So, took AP off and cleaned it all out. Had some trouble putting the diaphram back in with the carb on. But finally it's ggod to go. Leak is gone!, power is still very strong. Idles better, but still keeps a higher idle just momentarily when comming to a stop.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.