Red light delay 07 450 wont start until light on

6 replies to this topic
  • bluebike1999

Posted November 10, 2009 - 05:42 PM

g'day, I have an 07 (12/06) wr450. It has a vortex ignition and white brothers full system. Just lately when i turn the key on, the red light on the dash will not switch on for up to 3 minutes and the bike will not start until the red light is on...

Anyone have any idea why this may be happening? is it possibly related to the vortex?

thanks

• klossWR450

Posted November 11, 2009 - 06:30 AM

bad switch or connection somewhere, remove the button and have a look

• ww44wrf450f

Posted November 11, 2009 - 08:37 PM

Sorry to cut in, can you tell us how you like the vortex ignition -- is it the x10?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperMatty

Posted November 12, 2009 - 12:24 AM

g'day, I have an 07 (12/06) wr450. It has a vortex ignition and white brothers full system. Just lately when i turn the key on, the red light on the dash will not switch on for up to 3 minutes and the bike will not start until the red light is on...

Anyone have any idea why this may be happening? is it possibly related to the vortex?

thanks

Any water in any connections? Including the key barrel?

• craigie

Posted November 12, 2009 - 12:27 AM

There is a diode near the top left of the radiator could be that.

Edited by craigie, November 12, 2009 - 11:55 AM.

• bluebike1999

Posted November 12, 2009 - 05:27 PM

dear Thumpertalk

what is a diode?

I'll pass this onto someone who knows what this means, but thanks

i have a feeling i know the answerer

• bluebike1999

Posted November 12, 2009 - 06:01 PM

Sorry to cut in, can you tell us how you like the vortex ignition -- is it the x10?

yes the x10
well initially i thought it was just one of those wank extras as it came with the bike, but now ive had a chance to use it, i reckon its bloody great
2 examples
1) we were trackin through a section of long green grass with slippery red clay/dirt and i was all over the place. As soon as i throttled on, the back end would slide out and was quite a handful, so i clicked the button and it straight away felt like the knobs on the back tyre had grown an inch and i was able to hold good speed and control.

2) I went in an 8 hour enduro last saturday and within 10 minutes on the first 18.5km lap, my arms were so sore i could barely hold on, so i hit the button again and i could actually feel the pump diminish and i was able to go on and pull out a few of my fastest laps for the day...I did 14 laps with my 13 and 14th being embarassingly slow, but i dont think i could have hung on for 8 hours without it.

so, what i initially thought was a toy is now something I would definitely buy to put on future 450's...amazing product

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.