AirFilter recommendations

9 replies to this topic
  • stewagne

Posted April 24, 2003 - 08:42 AM

I'm a new to TT, as well as a new WR450 owner...

First, great forum... you're information has consistently made owning my WR a much more enjoyable experince, to which, I just love this bike. :)

Second... Does anyone have any suggestions around which air filter I would swap out the stock airfliter with, and if there is any special maintenance requirements?

Thanks

• mayday

Posted April 24, 2003 - 09:01 AM

I run the twin air one and it seemed to make a little more power. Everyone that i ride with use it and we all seem to like it. :)

• Jonesy920

Posted April 24, 2003 - 10:10 AM

I'm running the Twin air, but I am looking into buying the "fire-resistant" version they offer.

• The_Blue_One

Posted April 24, 2003 - 11:57 AM

I've run the Uni filter with no problems.:D :)

• ThumperWR450F

Posted April 24, 2003 - 12:30 PM

where is everyone getting there filters from? none of the dealers around here have them in stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted April 24, 2003 - 02:32 PM

I got mine from the local aftermarket shop.If you can't find any i'll go pick a uni-filter or twin air if they have it and ship it to ya. :) :D

• fiveoh141

Posted April 28, 2003 - 06:34 PM

I'm running an Uni and have been happy.

• ETP

Posted April 29, 2003 - 01:24 AM

I just got a twin air filter. It will fit, but is smaller overall and less dense than the stock one. I hope it will provide enough filtration......

• YZ250F49

Posted April 29, 2003 - 01:39 AM

They are designed that way on purpose.
They make them smaller in order to have more dead air space in the airbox, thereby increasing air flow.

• FNG241_WR450F

Posted April 29, 2003 - 03:32 AM

Anyone know of a website that will sell the uni for the WR450? My local shop says it's not out yet, but uni has the part number on their web page.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.