Key issue question

2 replies to this topic
  • DRZFamily

Posted April 24, 2003 - 08:37 AM

Sorry to drop in here and no, I'm not poking fun at Yamaha, its a nice bike :)
With the key issue, does it also happen on the quads? I assume that the engines are the same. I ask because I ride with a friend sometimes and he has a new 660 Raptor.
I'm really surprised that there hasn't been an after market fix for this yet. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • IceBox

Posted April 25, 2003 - 03:38 AM

No the engines are not the same and yes there has been a fix. Lapping the rotor and using a cylindrical retaining compound (Loctite 648). The taper fit between the crank and flywheel were not seating against each other properly.

• DRZFamily

Posted April 25, 2003 - 06:57 AM

Thanks :thumbsup:A few times we've been riding and this question has come up and we try to stay where we can get the truck to his quad. I'm not sure I could tow a quad with a motorcycle without killing myself. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.