CA Plate for a '03 WR450?

8 replies to this topic
  • symbology

Posted April 24, 2003 - 08:13 AM


Hey Guys,

I have a WR450 that is registered as a "Red Sticker" bike here in CA. What I would like to do is put a Baja Designs - Dual Sport kit on it and get it registered "Street Legal" in Nevada. Then, transfer the "Street Legal" bike back to CA and end up with a "CA Street Legal WR450" Has anyone tried this before? Is it possible?




Posted April 24, 2003 - 10:36 AM


It has been tried, it doesn't work, you can make it street legal in AZ. but when you try to register it in CA. they won't let you, they will tell you that it does not meet CA. emissions, if it was an 02 or older you could do it because CA. made all thoes green sticker. I would just leave it registered in AZ. half the things I own are reg. in AZ.

  • symbology

Posted April 24, 2003 - 05:09 PM


Thanks for the reply..... Thata is what I was afraid of.

Well, this bike is for sale, check out the "For Sale" page. It only has about 180 miles on it.



  • mjtm

Posted May 13, 2003 - 04:20 AM


How did you go about registering your bike in AZ if you are a resident of CA? I was told that you need an AZ driver's license to get AZ plates. I have in-laws who live there (i.e. a resident address), but I'm not sure if that helps. What's the scoop?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Leonard_M

Posted May 13, 2003 - 06:42 PM


I'm also looking in to a AZ plate for my 03 WR250F(Canadian).My goal is to tranfer to Ca I have a Indiana title Nothing on it says its from Canada 8th digit is a (W)the mileage is blank on the title,I was going to put 8000mi on the title and run it thru CA dmv but people tell me it won't work and if it dmv kicks it back I will never get a Ca plate?The titles only 3 wks old so 8000mi on 1 mo old bike?Any sugestions

  • drzphatkid

Posted May 19, 2003 - 08:33 AM


Please check your PM.

  • Motorep

Posted June 06, 2003 - 09:14 PM



Could you be more specific or PM me your reply? I'm looking to do the same thing.


  • ETP

Posted June 07, 2003 - 03:14 AM


I think you are screwed with that VIN number. Call Dale at and see if he has any new ideas.

  • AZWR426

Posted June 07, 2003 - 04:43 PM


Better yet buy my wr426 - it's already street legal in AZ. Give me a call at 602-770-9934 or email me at for pics and details on a good as new lo miles bike! Mark


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.