2010 450 Test Ride Feedback Please

15 replies to this topic
  • CR2CRF

Posted November 09, 2009 - 06:22 PM

I know there was a thread here somewhere by someone who rode the new bike. I am a Honda guy who works on Hondas, and have only had Honda four strokes since 2002. I am so disappointed with the 2009 CRF450 that I am looking a bit blue. My friends will disown me, my family will think an alien took me over but I don't care. So if you have ridden the new YZ450F, can you put up some input and feedback?

PS - Please don't tell the red side I'm here.

• saccityfire

Posted November 09, 2009 - 07:06 PM

Never fear change especially when it's change for good. Your friends and family while initially apprehensive, will eventually give in to temptation and take your new YZ for a ride. You will then be praised for being a trendsetter and leader amongst your circle of friends. They will say you have great vision and are excellent at doing research as well as having a great new taste in style. You will be a trusted resource for what's in and now whom your friends will look to you for advice on all things from motorcycles to baby names.

Or you will just like the bike and realize blue is an excellent performing and reliable ride! :smirk:

:ride:

• CR2CRF

Posted November 09, 2009 - 09:04 PM

I saw the post about the bike test. Sorry for asking an already answered question. Still like some TT'ers feedback when available.

• mediumfast

Posted November 09, 2009 - 10:23 PM

there are numerous first impressions available to r eview. more consumer stuff comes up every day now that its available to the public. i too have been riding red for many years and was disappointed with the 2009 honda. also disappointed with them releasing the 2010 crf450 in feb, 2010. walk toward the blue light.....

• twenty34

Posted November 10, 2009 - 02:59 AM

My gut tells me the 09 CRF isn't nearly as bad as we think it is, but we all want to believe the the new blue bike will somehow hide our riding imperfections. :smirk:

• CR2CRF

Posted November 10, 2009 - 05:14 AM

My gut tells me the 09 CRF isn't nearly as bad as we think it is, but we all want to believe the the new blue bike will somehow hide our riding imperfections. :smirk:

That. my friend, may well be true.

• oabike

Posted November 10, 2009 - 08:06 AM

The bike is good. I'd say the suspension is very good. It turns better than the 09 but there are other bikes that turn better this year. The power is torquey and it doesn't rev out very high. In stock form the EFI is jerky down low and could use some tuning. It feels lighter than it is but not 250f like. The triple clamps are pretty adjustable for a big guy. Replacement parts are more than a Honda but the motors in the past have proven reliable.

Here is some food for thought...If you break a part the day before you want to ride chances are none of your buddies will have it laying around.

• twenty34

Posted November 10, 2009 - 08:15 AM

The bike is good. I'd say the suspension is very good. It turns better than the 09 but there are other bikes that turn better this year. The power is torquey and it doesn't rev out very high. In stock form the EFI is jerky down low and could use some tuning. It feels lighter than it is but not 250f like. The triple clamps are pretty adjustable for a big guy. Replacement parts are more than a Honda but the motors in the past have proven reliable.

Here is some food for thought...If you break a part the day before you want to ride chances are none of your buddies will have it laying around.

Good feedback...Thanks for this.

BTW: Not to hijack, but man, the 2011 KTM 350 is looking like I can wait an extra year for a bike....Wow.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=847608

Posted Image

Edited by rickk, November 10, 2009 - 08:32 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX-WFO

Posted November 10, 2009 - 02:01 PM

+1 on that new KTM 350. I am getting one FOR Sure!!

• CR2CRF

Posted November 10, 2009 - 04:05 PM

Good feedback...Thanks for this.

BTW: Not to hijack, but man, the 2011 KTM 350 is looking like I can wait an extra year for a bike....Wow.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=847608

Posted Image

Yeah, I hate orange but I may have to learn to love it. That looks too sweet. And with linkage, the WP suspension is going to rock.

• Joe_Jet

Posted November 10, 2009 - 04:34 PM

I have been going back and forth between honda and yami since 03. 03 yz450, 03crf450, 04yz450, even had 1 yellow bike, 2006 450; won't do that again, 07 yz450, 08crf450. there were certain traits about each brand and year that i liked. thinkin bout that 350 for my son, but pretty sure im gettin the 10 yz450.

• saccityfire

Posted November 10, 2009 - 05:48 PM

I have been going back and forth between honda and yami since 03. 03 yz450, 03crf450, 04yz450, even had 1 yellow bike, 2006 450; won't do that again, 07 yz450, 08crf450. there were certain traits about each brand and year that i liked. thinkin bout that 350 for my son, but pretty sure im gettin the 10 yz450.

What was wrong with the yellow 06 YZ450? I loved that bike! tons of power in the right places and turned really well. Don't get me wrong, I love my new 09 for the improved turning prowess but the low to low mid power sucks in stock form.

• rickallen124

Posted November 10, 2009 - 07:08 PM

He's talking about a zuk.

• gfmoto

Posted November 10, 2009 - 09:03 PM

350 is the right size can't wait till all manufactures make one. until then its the 2010 yz450 for me!

• mediumfast

Posted November 11, 2009 - 06:17 PM

Don't be sure all the manufacturers will make a 350. KTM has a history of making non-mainstream displacements. It works for them and that's great but I don't think KTM is going to dictate the direction of the Japanese. That's kind of like the tail wagging the dog. The big four are usually very resistant to these kind of changes due to the costs involved. It's a lot more complicated than just popping in a smaller piston.

• twenty34

Posted November 11, 2009 - 06:20 PM

I don't think KTM is going to dictate the direction of the Japanese.

Don't be so sure.

I'd bet KTM even looks like an attractive acquisition target these days with their momentum.

http://autos.yahoo.c...gest-automaker/

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.