2009 yz450f: GRAVES Ignition Question...

6 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted November 09, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hey guys, I have a 2009 yz450f and was looking at the GRAVES website and saw that they make an aftermarket ignition. Does anybody have any info/experience with this product or Graves products (in general)? I have a JD Ignition on my 07 and was extremely happy with the results that it gave so was looking to sort of do the same with the 09. Thanks a lot to all that reply in advance!:ride::lol::smirk:

• saccityfire

Posted November 09, 2009 - 05:09 PM

What does the JD or Graves ignition do that the stock ignition doesn't?

• FinchFan194

Posted November 09, 2009 - 07:52 PM

I am assuming its a 10 step adjustable ignition. My buddy has one on his Honda and loves it especially for mud races.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted November 09, 2009 - 10:07 PM

The JD and GRAVES ignition are bolt on ignition with no "on the fly" switch or anything like that. The JD on my 07 was awesome. You can definately tell the difference from a bike with an after-market ignition and one without one. The 07 revs out longer, feels more "crisp", and seems to have overall power power. (And NO I am not saying that the 09 feels weak or anything like that) It has the same exact mods as the 09 power wise (minus the ignition). Both bikes are nearly identical in parts (except for suspension ). Graves webiste says this ignition is used on their MX and SM rave teams bikes. The JD ignition is used and sold by Pro Circuit. Just thought I would throw the question out there and see what responses I got:moon::smirk:

• saccityfire

Posted November 10, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Cool. I never knew about this. It would be interesting to see a dyno comparison of a bike with stock vs one of these after market ignitions.

I spent my money on an MRD and can't wait to bolt it on.

You oughta come up toMammoth for a spin Justin. The track is really nice these days especially for an OHV track.

• Justin89

Posted November 10, 2009 - 06:36 PM

Cool. I never knew about this. It would be interesting to see a dyno comparison of a bike with stock vs one of these after market ignitions.

I spent my money on an MRD and can't wait to bolt it on.

You oughta come up toMammoth for a spin Justin. The track is really nice these days especially for an OHV track.

I want to so bad! I've seen signs ups for that race and the Hangtown Amatuer day fill up in less tha 60 secs. The Mammoth track is so unreal. Let me know when they're open. I'm always looking for an excuse to ride these days:busted::smirk:

• saccityfire

Posted November 11, 2009 - 11:20 AM

I'm gonna be there tomorrow if the weather is good. Probably from 11 till 2 or so.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.