2006 WR 450 thoughts...

24 replies to this topic
  • Summit

Posted November 10, 2009 - 06:59 PM

Definitely try the 13 t counter sprocket, you'll love it.

• jayh300

Posted November 18, 2009 - 12:47 PM

got my sprocket in today....hopefully we get to ride this weekend, will report.
jay

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Navaho6

Posted November 18, 2009 - 03:38 PM

I also have had great luck with turning up the idle, LOL, you will know it is just about high enough when it is forcing you into the downhill switchback turns too fast after you start riding down the hill you just climbed:banghead:

Just got an '06 this year and had similar problems stalling until I turned up the idle speed and adjusted the clutch to disengage sooner.

Another thing that helped was drilling another hole in the lever to position the cable end closer to the pivot point. That made the clutch pull easier and reduced arm fatigue.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=599598

• GCannon

Posted November 19, 2009 - 01:39 PM

Just got an '06 this year and had similar problems stalling until I turned up the idle speed and adjusted the clutch to disengage sooner.

Another thing that helped was drilling another hole in the lever to position the cable end closer to the pivot point. That made the clutch pull easier and reduced arm fatigue.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=599598

I did that same mod and I love it:thumbsup:

There was a lot of complaining in that thread about broken clutch cables. I believe the reason for that is because some people did not take the time to file and detail the cable grove inside the lever after drilling the new piviot point. I spent a lot of time on it (about an hour) and even checked the adjuster bolt hole edges where the cable comes out. The stock cable adjuster is pretty clean where the cable exits the adjuster.

Lubed the cable while I was at it!!:excuseme:

Now my clutch pull is eaiser than my kids YZ85 and he has a new cable. it is so sweet.:bonk:

• jayh300

Posted December 13, 2009 - 03:19 PM

did thr 13th front and picked the idle up just a tad... bingo...
only stalled once and it was a bad place and got hung up on a rock on the rear chain guide... i can live with that...
now to figure out what i did to the estart... got it stuck last ride and really got the estart hot.. now it sounds like a bushing is out... squealing bad...
any thoughts..
thanks for all the input.... it was a great ride, even kickstarting it..
jay

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.