Connecting rod question

2 replies to this topic
  • Feral Donkey

Posted November 08, 2009 - 05:40 PM


With my leg still not good enough to kick-start the bike, I'm sitting here flipping through the pages on my factory shop manual for my WR400 looking at the exploded diagrams and stuff. I'm finding a section on the crank and one on the piston but nothing on the connecting rod. Just out of curiosity, does the connecting rod split at the crank and use a plain, pressure fed bearing like a car engine or does the crank split instead and crank use a roller bearing like a Harley? Why for the manual doesn't go into that or is the Oxycodone making me all loopie and I'm overlooking obvious stuff again?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • diegox450

Posted November 08, 2009 - 05:47 PM


The crank splits and it uses a roller bearing...


  • Feral Donkey

Posted November 08, 2009 - 07:33 PM


Thanks! :smirk:


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.