Oil in the generator/magneto side; normal?

2 replies to this topic
  • cjard

Posted November 08, 2009 - 04:10 AM

Hi all

Up to now, I've only ever worked on a YZ/WR engine that has been drained of oil and I can't quite remember the oil circuit diagrams from the manual (which I don't have to hand) so forgive me if theis seems a particularly stupid question:

Checking valve clearances on a bike I've just bought, last night I undid the big plug on the LHS so i could turn the flywheel with a wrench, and oil poured out.. Is oil supposed to get over into the magneto/generator side of the engine?

Thanks
CJ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cwcarter

Posted November 08, 2009 - 04:24 AM

Yes it is.:smirk:

• cjard

Posted November 08, 2009 - 05:09 AM

Cool.. I'll be askign a question re timing later because on this bike the punch marks dont seem to line up as perfectly as on my WR, first have to ascertain whether the TDC mark is genuine TDC and then I guess taking a picture would be the easiest may to let you guys check..

,,but thanks for the conf; it was a surprise to see it all gush out because it really was quite dry on my WR (but then, the big end had seized when I bought it.. :smirk: )

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.