2008 wr450 flywheel weight

12 replies to this topic
  • darryl581

Posted November 07, 2009 - 07:09 PM

I am looking for a heavier flywheel or flywheel weight to prevent the stalling in gnarly terrain any help is appreciated

• tribalbc

Posted November 07, 2009 - 07:17 PM

These bikes already have a heavy flywheel, hence no one makes a weight for them.
Add a couple teeth to the rear sprocket for the tight gnarl.
That's what I did :smirk:

• ww44wrf450f

Posted November 07, 2009 - 07:28 PM

I am looking for a heavier flywheel or flywheel weight to prevent the stalling in gnarly terrain any help is appreciated

what mods have you done to the 08wr -- best low end mod would be to pipe it--dr.d full system or fmf4.1 system!! :smirk:

• Mark_NZ

Posted November 08, 2009 - 01:27 AM

2 choices - either develop your clutch skills to eliminate the stalling or get a rekluse auto clutch.

I fell off about 60 times in the first 6 months I had my 06 450 - mainly through low speed stalls (tight woods). The auto clutch completely solved this problem and allowed me to gear up (15 tooth on the front) to soften the 'hit'

its now as easy to ride as an xr250 and is great in tight woods

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted November 09, 2009 - 09:41 AM

Rekluse may make the biggest difference for you. I think that Trailtech makes a flywheel, but it is only 2 oz more. Of course, how the moment of inertia is affected is much more important than how much weight. They could give you that info. Steahly may also offer something, but not sure.

• oldmanx

Posted November 09, 2009 - 10:12 AM

2 choices - either develop your clutch skills to eliminate the stalling or get a rekluse auto clutch.

I fell off about 60 times in the first 6 months I had my 06 450 - mainly through low speed stalls (tight woods). The auto clutch completely solved this problem and allowed me to gear up (15 tooth on the front) to soften the 'hit'

its now as easy to ride as an xr250 and is great in tight woods

X2 on the Rekluse advise!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BOBR

Posted November 09, 2009 - 03:07 PM

Just a thought but how about just figuring out how to use the clutch. 1st gear is pretty much a granny gear and if you just a steady throttle and a little clutch you should be fine.

• darryl581

Posted November 16, 2009 - 07:07 PM

well actually im a pro level woods rider. I dont ever think i would go with a rekluse since it just promotes lazines. Compared to my yz 250 smoker i doesnt chug down low nearly as well and thats where you need to ride these bikes at times.

• ww44wrf450f

Posted November 17, 2009 - 12:16 AM

have you piped it

• tribalbc

Posted November 17, 2009 - 09:32 AM

well actually im a pro level woods rider. I dont ever think i would go with a rekluse since it just promotes lazines. Compared to my yz 250 smoker i doesnt chug down low nearly as well and thats where you need to ride these bikes at times.

What have you done with the bike so far?
What series do you race in?

• thumperjp

Posted November 18, 2009 - 05:31 AM

I recommend to try Europe verion CDI unit. It is pretty good on the woods.:excuseme:

• darryl581

Posted November 19, 2009 - 04:22 PM

i have done all the uncorking. Ais kit installed as well.

• darryl581

Posted November 19, 2009 - 04:23 PM

where do you get the europe cdi

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.