Are YZ426s duds from factory?

27 replies to this topic
  • jrny426

Posted January 12, 2010 - 12:22 PM

these motors blow up every 3hrs....:banghead:

just kidding.....all yamis if maintained correctly are bulletproof...including your 05. If any of them are not maintained correctly they all will eventually blow up

You beat me too it!!!:bonk:

• myoung

Posted January 12, 2010 - 12:40 PM

426's are all junk, all you guys that have them should just give them to me. I'll dispose of them properly for you. :banghead:

• tek_01

Posted January 12, 2010 - 12:55 PM

My brother has a 400 and now after gaining more knowledge on yamahas it seems like they are the XR's of the big 4 stroke yamahas lol. So far so good... my 450 is treating me well but i haven't put enough hours on it yet. Should be going for a ride this weekend

• M0SSLAGER

Posted January 27, 2010 - 08:11 AM

I picked up a 01' 426 about 2.5 years ago as my first bike (from a friend who bought a new KTM525) He said give me $1500 and get it out of my garage. I did not want to spend a ton on a new bike if I decided I did not like it and this seemed perfect. Well I built it up for long desert riding and now I can't justify selling it for what they go for and it just keeps on going. Its never left me stranded yet.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whitedevil450

Posted January 29, 2010 - 09:01 PM

The guys you talked to have no idea what they are talking about. 426's are legendary for reliability and performance. If you take care of them they last.

x's 2. my 01 yz426 has been bullet proof. i bought it off the showroom floor and still have it to this day.
i just recently got an 09 and hope its reliability is as good as the 01

• rufusz

Posted February 01, 2010 - 03:35 AM

I picked up a 01' 426 about 2.5 years ago as my first bike (from a friend who bought a new KTM525) He said give me $1500 and get it out of my garage. I did not want to spend a ton on a new bike if I decided I did not like it and this seemed perfect. Well I built it up for long desert riding and now I can't justify selling it for what they go for and it just keeps on going. Its never left me stranded yet.

Posted Image

That bike looks super clean...congrats!

BTW, hope Gray gets a look also of this :

Saturday, I've taken out my 02 '426 from the garage to mount my ice tires, and after sitting for 2 months with gas in it (what is probably older) it started on first kick (I was also surprised - did not kick hard also). So maybe that thingy with fresh gas and clogging problems is related to gas in the USA only???

• Wikki

Posted February 02, 2010 - 11:34 PM

Well i found a good deal and purchased an 05 450f yesterday night =) going to pick it up today! cant wait...just like a kid with a new toy

Good choice. I love mine and no issues in 2 years.

• Lota Fun R

Posted February 03, 2010 - 04:13 AM

Mine is an old neglected 426 that still runs strong, pretty easy to start. Compression is still really good.

I just adjusted the valves for the first time in it's life, it was way off. Throttle is more crisp, power is more responsive. Still on the stock piston and all of that.

If mine is a lemon, I want to ride one that isn't because it should really scare th crap outta me! :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.