WR450 2008 tail light not working - no voltage into it

2 replies to this topic
  • GuyGraham

Posted November 05, 2009 - 11:51 PM

Just bought a 2008 WR450, and noticed the tail light doesn't work

Been through the wiring etc and found that the light itself works, but its not getting any power

The dark green wire is the +ve in, which should have 12V, but has nothing, when tested with a multimeter
The dark green wire comes from the CDI according to the wiring diagram which seems to indicate that that fault is within the CDI
There's no power from the dark green wire even at the CDI connector.

The bike still runs, but I'm curious why I'm not getting getting any tail light power from the CDI
Am I about to have a CDI failure?
Anybody else had this issue, and is there a solution?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • klossWR450

Posted November 06, 2009 - 03:38 AM

Hi, had the same problem with my 07 last year, the light just stopped working one day, after tracking the wiring, checking the connections and voltage I just gave up and run extra "+" wire to power the light, works fine 2000 miles later, that CDI-light circuit has nothing to do with ignition I suppose

• GuyGraham

Posted November 09, 2009 - 12:13 PM

Thanks Kloss - glad to know I'm not alone

anybody else got experience of this?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.