Clarification regarding "stripped oil filter cover bolt"

3 replies to this topic
  • Riding3

Posted November 05, 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hello all (Mainly Grey)
I have a question in regards to the stripped oil cover bolt issue commonly associated with the YZ's.
My question is "with the oil cover off, is it the small hole that is drilled and the 3/16" ball is installed"?
It looks so obvious but I just need clarification.
This is the last step of freshening up my 07 YZ450. I did the top end, cam chain, ported and polished, anodized brackets, polished side covers, frame and what ever else came up.
I'm breaking in the bike on Saturday. So excited.

Thanks

• Riding3

Posted November 05, 2009 - 08:54 PM

I found the tread. Pics are worth a thousand words. Thanks Thumpertalk.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • broncomoto

Posted November 22, 2009 - 12:28 PM

to what do you refer when you write "ball". what's the best way to fix the stripped out hole?

• grayracer513

Posted November 22, 2009 - 12:58 PM

The best way to repair an already stripped lower filter cover bolt is to install a Time-Sert.

The ball he refers to is in this thread, which concerns itself with preventing the problem to begin with:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=634724

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.