DR.D re-packing question for ya....

7 replies to this topic
  • BigBelly

Posted November 05, 2009 - 04:31 PM

For those of you with the Dr.D systems, how often are you having to re-pack your silencer? I was told that if there is a downfall to the Dr.D pipe it was that they seem to go thru the packing very quickly...(yes, I do know about the header blocking the oil filter)

I'm trying to decide between the Dr.D and the Leo Vince full system on my '07 WR.

Thanks.

• BigBelly

Posted November 06, 2009 - 01:28 PM

Nobody can help me out on this one?

• erickdj

Posted November 06, 2009 - 01:47 PM

I have a Dr.D on my yz450f, it's probably got about 30 hours or more on the original packing, I haven't seen any indication that it needs to be repackaged but I intend on repacking it in the next few weeks.

• mavis0826

Posted November 07, 2009 - 09:22 AM

repacked mine at about 30hrs also and only a little bit of packing had blown out. You can't go wrong with a dr d set-up

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigBelly

Posted November 09, 2009 - 09:27 AM

That's what I was hoping to hear guys. I'll be ordering my pipe today, thank you!

• paid to ride

Posted November 09, 2009 - 09:44 PM

Where are you planning on buying it? I just bought the S/S full exhaust from Motosport. I enacted there 110% price match guarantee and got the full system for 440.00. They were listing it for $494.00

• BigBelly

Posted November 13, 2009 - 10:27 AM

That's a great deal at MotoSport....

I've got friends in low places and got it for $400 even for the complete system. Should be here soon.

• Vanillathunder

Posted November 27, 2009 - 09:59 AM

Big Belly, where did you find the system for $400?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.