Q2 or Lexx or ???

I want to buy an early x-mas present and money is a big issue (dont tell the missus), I can get a new Q2 or Lexx for about $200 delivered off the ebay's, has anyone tried one or both?, I know the Q4 is supposed to be better but they are big bucks, I am currently riding the stock can with PMB insert on my '06 but I want to wake the old girl up a bit, will either pipe be a big increase in performance?, I would sacrfice top end for more low end - thanks in advance for your replies

I am running a Q2 with SX Powerbomb Header on my 07'.

If sound checks are an issue I would check the rated dba for each. My Q2 is anything but quiet in my opinion and rarely blows less than a 98 at the races. The performance gains are good, definitely over stock system.

F***ing pipe mfg's are slitting their own their throats making the quiet performance systems so expensive... I highly doubt it has anything to do with increased production costs... save the sport and quit biting the hand that feeds you:foul:

I want to buy an early x-mas present and money is a big issue (dont tell the missus), I can get a new Q2 or Lexx for about $200 delivered off the ebay's, has anyone tried one or both?, I know the Q4 is supposed to be better but they are big bucks, I am currently riding the stock can with PMB insert on my '06 but I want to wake the old girl up a bit, will either pipe be a big increase in performance?, I would sacrfice top end for more low end - thanks in advance for your replies

Unless you swap cams, I don't think you'll get the gains you want on the bottom with just a pipe. The WR is funny like that. On my '07 no doubt it had a healthy gain on the bottom over the stock exhaust, but it wasn't what I was expecting. The biggest gains were in the midrange and up top where I didn't think the stock exhaust w/ PMB insert was hurting for power. ?

If money is an issue you can't go wrong with an '03-'05 yz exhaust. Here is one off of ebay for $60 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YZ450F-EXHAUST-PIPE-CAN-YAMAHA-YZ-450F-YZF_W0QQitemZ200371495088QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea71260b0