Q2 or Lexx or ???

3 replies to this topic
  • yz-dwg

Posted November 05, 2009 - 03:52 PM

I want to buy an early x-mas present and money is a big issue (dont tell the missus), I can get a new Q2 or Lexx for about $200 delivered off the ebay's, has anyone tried one or both?, I know the Q4 is supposed to be better but they are big bucks, I am currently riding the stock can with PMB insert on my '06 but I want to wake the old girl up a bit, will either pipe be a big increase in performance?, I would sacrfice top end for more low end - thanks in advance for your replies

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 05, 2009 - 06:19 PM

I am running a Q2 with SX Powerbomb Header on my 07'.

If sound checks are an issue I would check the rated dba for each. My Q2 is anything but quiet in my opinion and rarely blows less than a 98 at the races. The performance gains are good, definitely over stock system.

F***ing pipe mfg's are slitting their own their throats making the quiet performance systems so expensive... I highly doubt it has anything to do with increased production costs... save the sport and quit biting the hand that feeds you:foul:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted November 05, 2009 - 06:53 PM

I want to buy an early x-mas present and money is a big issue (dont tell the missus), I can get a new Q2 or Lexx for about $200 delivered off the ebay's, has anyone tried one or both?, I know the Q4 is supposed to be better but they are big bucks, I am currently riding the stock can with PMB insert on my '06 but I want to wake the old girl up a bit, will either pipe be a big increase in performance?, I would sacrfice top end for more low end - thanks in advance for your replies

Unless you swap cams, I don't think you'll get the gains you want on the bottom with just a pipe. The WR is funny like that. On my '07 no doubt it had a healthy gain on the bottom over the stock exhaust, but it wasn't what I was expecting. The biggest gains were in the midrange and up top where I didn't think the stock exhaust w/ PMB insert was hurting for power. :smirk:

If money is an issue you can't go wrong with an '03-'05 yz exhaust. Here is one off of ebay for $60 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2ea71260b0

• Wrfrk

Posted November 05, 2009 - 08:20 PM

Went through the same question recently with my Wr and I went with the Lexx. The power is now where a 450 needs to be with more power through the entire range and not terribly loud. I'm very pleased with every aspect of this pipe!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.