Online Manual

8 replies to this topic
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted August 09, 2000 - 02:34 AM

I've finished scanning in all the appropriate parts of the maunaul (skipped the bits on cleaning at the start and identification of controls-ie clutch lever, kickstart etc)

Come to 260 pages!! I have alot MORE work to do! :D

I'll start putting it together in a website.. and possibly a .pdf file so it can all be downloaded and stored on your machine.
Will have to 'aquire' Adobe Acrobat 4 to do it but that will be not probs! :D

In the mean time, if you want anything I can post it here until I'm fully sorted out.

Hope this helps someone! :)

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• JBM

Posted August 09, 2000 - 05:16 AM

Thanks a lot Matt, very cool.

• JPNTHUMP

Posted August 12, 2000 - 07:51 PM

Hey Matt,
It's me, manual-less YZ400 moto-head in Japan.
This may seem like a silly question, but it's important. Motocross Action Magazine did an article on changing the oil/filter and said 1700 c.c.s. capacity(August 2000 issue P.41) I was told when I purchased the bike it took a quart and a half. 1700 cc's is more than a quart and 1/2. (1.5 quarts = 1,419.53 cc)
Which is right. I put in 1 1/2 quarts at first and the dipstick was reading O-kay, but after doing the 1700 cc conversion, I added 200 more cc's to be safe. It looked a bit high on the dipstick. Hook me up bro.

Heres a good link for 'ya to boot. It's a good tool to have handy.
http://www.psinventi...tic/convert.htm

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 12, 2000 - 11:31 PM

It depends if you drain the gearbox also and the filter.
Posted Image

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JPNTHUMP

Posted August 13, 2000 - 02:12 AM

Thanks again my friend. Theres actually two of us out here. My bud's got the 426. That means your really helping two of us out. Everything I learn here I pass it on to him. I've only got 2 rides on the 4 stroke so far and I'm really starting to improve. I love the mid hit, It just doesn't like to go slow. I turned up the idle and I'm stalling less and less. Only twice last ride. I'ts a real blast to ride now. I was just going through 2 stroke withdrawals at first. Thanks again. R- u in New Zealand? (Ie. Rubber Chicken Racing) Is it your business?

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 13, 2000 - 02:56 PM

Yip I'm in NZ.
Rubber Chicken is Me! :)

Got alot of work to do on the website!

Know anyone who wants to buy a mint, trick 99 YZ400 with about 6 months use on it?

WILL SHIP IT WORLD WIDE :D

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

• markhron

Posted November 12, 2005 - 07:41 PM

Matt, can you send me a copy?
markhron@yahoo.com
thanks! :applause:

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 13, 2005 - 08:46 AM

Why would you do this? Go down to your dealer and talk to the service guys. Yamaha has their manuals for like the 99 and newer bikes in PDF form. Service, owners and assembly manuals for MANY bikes. IT is ONLY available on the YDS site (yamaha dealer site). Talk the dealer into downloading it and giving it to you.

• SureBlue

Posted November 13, 2005 - 12:21 PM

Matt, can you send me a copy?
markhron@yahoo.com
thanks! :ride:

Did you perhaps realize the thread is 5 years old??? I bet you will not get an answer from Matt Porritt, his last post in TT was 11-09-2000. :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.