04 WR450 Hot Cams and jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • Apple

Posted November 05, 2009 - 06:45 AM

I hear a lot about Hot Cams around here, so has anyone had any experience with the 04 WR450 and getting the jetting down? Mine has all the free mods, Hot Cams in and ex, FMF T1 exhaust and Vortex CDI. I`m in a hot zone and ride mostly SoCal desert. Right now I`m running a 168 main with a YZ needle and it seems to run great, but never changed the main jet after the Hot Cams install. Just want to see if I`m that far off with the main jet, so it can be fine tuned next time out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted November 05, 2009 - 04:20 PM

I think your probably close, you don't mention altitude though.
I'm in Atlantic Canada, sea level and running a 170 main, with both hotcam's, all free mods, and a FMF Ti powercore slip on. Bike is a 04 Canadian model.

The 170 is as per JD Jetting instructions for my area/temps, and after calling JD for advise.
The change I made to "accommodate" the cams was to go one clip down (raise) on needle as per JD's advise (Follow the jetting instructions for the YZ instead of the WR basically)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.