spark arrester question

2 replies to this topic
  • uplate

Posted August 06, 2000 - 08:35 PM

From the looks of the info on this site I am pretty sure that somebody can help me with this question. I am looking for a spark arrester for my recently purchased 98 yz400f. It came with both the stock muffler and an FMF muffler. Does anyone make a bolt on unit to avoid having to spend another $300 on the whole tail section? I do a fair amount of woods riding in ElDorado County, California so it is important to have something with the USFS approved stamp so when I come across Mr. Greenjeans my scooter is legal. Much appreciate any help from the vast banks of knowledge out there since most of my nearby dealers seem to be upset that a drawer in their register is lite, around $300. One more thing. Does anyone have any tricks to get that beasty growl down to a 101db level? Some of our OHV Parks are requiring this now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JPNTHUMP

Posted August 07, 2000 - 02:03 AM

CHECK OUT THE WR400 THUMPERTALK SITE. THE HOME PAGE SHOWS A CONVERSION KIT FOR THE END OF YOUR STOCK PIPE THAT ADDS A SUPERTRAP STYLE END CAP. SEEMS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ME. AND FROM WHAT IS SAYS IT'S A LEGAL SPARKY.
YOU CAN VARY THE AMOUNT OF DISCS TOO TO QUIET IT DOWN, AND OPEN IT BACK UP IN PLACES YOU LIKE TO MAKE NOISE. I THINK IT WAS ABOUT $129.00 IF I REMEMBER RIGHT.

[This message has been edited by JPNTHUMP (edited 08-07-2000).]

• JPNTHUMP

Posted August 07, 2000 - 02:09 AM

OH YEAH, IT'S IN THE "TECHNICAL" SECTION TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
OR CONTACT A GUY NAMED DOUG GILLETTE
VIA E-MAIL:

WORKSRACING@AOL.COM

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.