2010 YZ450 in stock at Roseville Yamaha in Sacramento ,CA

21 replies to this topic
  • kx1984

Posted November 03, 2009 - 06:32 PM

They had one today . Already sold and at the track tonight. They Should have one at your store any second now. don't know the OTD though.

http://www.norcalmot...0-yz450fzw.html

• Justin89

Posted November 03, 2009 - 06:40 PM

Oh man! I am in that place multiple times a week! I'm gonna have to see whats up. Says the guy will be at Riverfront this week. That's the track I ride the most so I will keep my eye out for it! The white is so damn sexy:worthy:

• DPW

Posted November 03, 2009 - 07:14 PM

nice.....

Posted Image

• nickeenoo

Posted November 03, 2009 - 09:48 PM

Who's reporting a "heavy and a big feel"? Every report I've read says the bike feels very light, almost 250F like.

• harrperf

Posted November 03, 2009 - 09:55 PM

It's definately gonna feel heavy on and off the stand!

Aside from that on track I think everyone thus far I have read from say it feels "two stroke" like in turning (which is hard to describe aside from saying it's all mass centralization)

After riding the 09 honda I am a believer in mass centralization!

• ProjectDIRT

Posted November 03, 2009 - 10:00 PM

now where the f is mine. i just want to ride it so damn bad. and beable to get rid of my 06. lol past up 4 buyers so far cause i like to ride atleast once a week.

• twenty34

Posted November 03, 2009 - 10:01 PM

someone who raced GH and has very credible sources

Also, read the guy from JP that just got one.

http://www.thumperta...=822351&page=82

• grayracer513

Posted November 04, 2009 - 07:57 AM

It's definately gonna feel heavy on and off the stand!

Exactly what I was thinking. "Heavy and Big" sounded like a showroom road test.

• nickeenoo

Posted November 04, 2009 - 12:20 PM

someone who raced GH and has very credible sources

Also, read the guy from JP that just got one.

http://www.thumperta...=822351&page=82

I suppose I view lifting the bike on to the stand and riding it as two different things. And was the "credible source" a person who actually rode the bike?

• YamaLink

Posted November 04, 2009 - 02:02 PM

My friend outside Seattle has the 2010, and previously the 08 YZ450F, the year I truly thought the Yamaha felt like a 250F. So my buddy tells me "if you think your 08 felt small (like a 250F), do not ride my '10; it'll make yours feel like a 02 CRF450."

Of course there's a bit embellishment, but my bud's a credible source and remembers the frame/width feeling from the 02 CRF to the 05 CRF that we both had.

Who's reporting a "heavy and a big feel"? Every report I've read says the bike feels very light, almost 250F like.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted November 04, 2009 - 08:54 PM

I suppose I view lifting the bike on to the stand and riding it as two different things. And was the "credible source" a person who actually rode the bike?

When I get to ride it, I'll let you know.

• dg636

Posted November 04, 2009 - 10:19 PM

My buddie rode his tonite at Hangtown and said it feels better than any YZF ever made. The throttle response was scary fast and the bike looked smooth on a fairly rough track. :smirk:

• MOTOCROSS_4STK

Posted November 04, 2009 - 10:32 PM

does anyone know where to buy a 2010 yz450 at a very good price with out bunch of dealer bs? I don't care if i have to go to the moon to get a good price. If anyone knows a great dealer, please let me know. THX

• nickeenoo

Posted November 04, 2009 - 10:42 PM

does anyone know where to buy a 2010 yz450 at a very good price with out bunch of dealer bs? I don't care if i have to go to the moon to get a good price. If anyone knows a great dealer, please let me know. THX

Call Kevin at Delta Sports Center in Delta Utah. 435-864-3432 he's usually a no BS guy with pretty good prices.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted November 05, 2009 - 06:38 AM

+1 on Delta Sports. I have my name on a blue 2010 for December delivery. Kevin is a straight up guy and he is getting 16 2010's. More than any other dealer in the state.
JB

Edited by jeffboyd47m, November 06, 2009 - 07:53 AM.

• cjxrider125

Posted November 05, 2009 - 06:41 PM

When I get to ride it, I'll let you know.

hey rick, i was worried about it feeling heavy too. but i just spoke to a guy that just ditched his 09 honda for the new yam. he said the blue bike feels lighter in the air and when leaning it over in turns. he was amazed at how much better the yam tracked and overall he said it blew his honda out of the water.

this is the bike im going to get. its ten times more impressive in person:banana:

• mediumfast

Posted November 05, 2009 - 06:42 PM

Wow. 16 bikes this year. That's a lot considering this year has less than 8 weeks left. Maybe they won't be as few and far between as everyone thought.

• twenty34

Posted November 05, 2009 - 07:13 PM

hey rick, i was worried about it feeling heavy too. but i just spoke to a guy that just ditched his 09 honda for the new yam. he said the blue bike feels lighter in the air and when leaning it over in turns. he was amazed at how much better the yam tracked and overall he said it blew his honda out of the water.

this is the bike im going to get. its ten times more impressive in person:banana:

Interesting. Hard to believe it feels any lighter than an 09 Honda in the air as it does a pretty good job in this area - 250 like.

It's the balance thing that got my panties in a wad with the 09. It's winter so I won't be buying one anytime soon - I like the summer months better, but will have a chance to ride one soon. I'm sure like any other bike, there will be pluses and minuses for us all debate about, along with the few that rave it's better than their first love. I won't be any faster so no rush on my end. I''ll be glad to offer my ride report however.

I'm just trying to understand where they added an extra 10lbs? The engine or frame?

• saccityfire

Posted November 05, 2009 - 07:24 PM

Spoke with "J. Webb" #101 who races @ Riverfront and E Street all the time and is sponsored by Roseville Yamaha while riding Mamoth Bar OHV today and he says he rode THIS bike around the area and it feels awesome! He's a YZ250F novice guy and says it feels lighter than his 250F.

• cjxrider125

Posted November 05, 2009 - 08:10 PM

Interesting. Hard to believe it feels any lighter than an 09 Honda in the air as it does a pretty good job in this area - 250 like.

It's the balance thing that got my panties in a wad with the 09. It's winter so I won't be buying one anytime soon - I like the summer months better, but will have a chance to ride one soon. I'm sure like any other bike, there will be pluses and minuses for us all debate about, along with the few that rave it's better than their first love. I won't be any faster so no rush on my end. I''ll be glad to offer my ride report however.

I'm just trying to understand where they added an extra 10lbs? The engine or frame?

i think the added weight is in the engine. the new frame is so freakin thin, it must not weigh much

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.