JGR Concept Bike

14 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted November 03, 2009 - 08:21 AM

http://motocrossacti...7477C309B41229D

pretty crazy looking...

• KJ790

Posted November 03, 2009 - 08:33 AM

Holy ****ing shit! That thing looks expensive! Some things that stand out to me, it appears to mimic the 2010 YZ450F with the exhaust coming out the back, but the engine looks to be '09 or older (5 valve head), and the frame looks to be a lightened 06-09 generation frame. Also it appears to be lacking radiators and a kick starter, but it does appear to have an oil cooler (though one oil line is coming out of the water pump, seems kinda strange). This makes me wonder if this bike even runs, or if it is a mock up strictly for display (obviously it is a show bike only). Pretty interesting regardless.

• Mark Grant

Posted November 03, 2009 - 08:39 AM

Holy ****ing shit! That thing looks expensive! Some things that stand out to me, it appears to mimic the 2010 YZ450F with the exhaust coming out the back, but the engine looks to be '09 or older (5 valve head), and the frame looks to be a lightened 06-09 generation frame. Also it appears to be lacking radiators and a kick starter, but it does appear to have an oil cooler (though one oil line is coming out of the water pump, seems kinda strange). This makes me wonder if this bike even runs, or if it is a mock up strictly for display (obviously it is a show bike only). Pretty interesting regardless.

Did you bother to read the words above and below the pictures? It talks about all the things you are speculating on. :smirk:

• KJ790

Posted November 03, 2009 - 08:55 AM

Did you bother to read the words above and below the pictures? It talks about all the things you are speculating on. :smirk:

Yes I did read it, it doesn't explain to what extent they reversed the engine. It would seem as though they just changed the cam timing to run the engine backwards using 2 intake and 3 exhaust valves. It also doesn't explain how the engine is cooled or started.

• Davey762

Posted November 03, 2009 - 09:28 AM

That bikes intense! Lots of cool ideas in there... not sure how it would work in the real world though. Regardless, great accomplishment and good show bike. But I wonder how it performs?

• rmx250rider

Posted November 03, 2009 - 09:37 AM

*** The use of a special air driven STARTING system with a air tank intergrated into the frame***.... So it does tell you how it starts, they also got rid of the radiators

• KJ790

Posted November 03, 2009 - 09:44 AM

*** The use of a special air driven STARTING system with a air tank intergrated into the frame***.... So it does tell you how it starts, they also got rid of the radiators

Oops, I missed that line, that's pretty interesting. I can't imagine the amount of time that went into this bike!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIG_FAT_&_SLOW

Posted November 03, 2009 - 09:54 AM

they said 100 man hours

• Ga426owner

Posted November 03, 2009 - 10:12 AM

A lot of time and money for what reason...to see how far mx bikes can be customized?
Sorry I do not get it......:ride:
I doubt it runs at all, my guess a shell of a engine and tranny and no way to start it...

The Sema Show is really getting wierd for MX bikes to show up at....:smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted November 03, 2009 - 12:19 PM

It would seem as though they just changed the cam timing to run the engine backwards using 2 intake and 3 exhaust valves. It also doesn't explain how the engine is cooled or started.

The engine doesn't run backwards any more than the 2010 model does, just the cam functions are reversed. But yes, that's what it loos like; two intakes, 3 exhausts. That in itself is laughable, but it's the only semi-practical way it could have been done.

The entire thing as is is supposed to be a concept bike? What concept are we hawking here? It's flashy, and interesting, but what part of it is useful?

• RJacks

Posted November 03, 2009 - 01:22 PM

That frame couldn't be ridden anyway, with all those cuts in it. It would break in half.

• KJ790

Posted November 03, 2009 - 03:43 PM

The engine doesn't run backwards any more than the 2010 model does, just the cam functions are reversed. But yes, that's what it loos like; two intakes, 3 exhausts. That in itself is laughable, but it's the only semi-practical way it could have been done.

The entire thing as is is supposed to be a concept bike? What concept are we hawking here? It's flashy, and interesting, but what part of it is useful?

That's what I was getting at, the flow through the engine is reversed, but odds are it doens't run near as good as running the air through the head the traditional way would.

That frame couldn't be ridden anyway, with all those cuts in it. It would break in half.

Not necessarily, but since it only took 100 man hours to design and build this bike, odds are they didn't do much structural analysis, so you're probably right. I wouldn't ride anything that only has 100 hours invested into it, especially when 10 of those hours are in polishing :smirk:

• hillclimbguy

Posted November 03, 2009 - 07:18 PM

Bikes looks cool but I would hate to take something like that on the trail and thrash it. Thanks but no thanks, I'll keep what I got. That one stays in the magazine.

• Mark Grant

Posted November 03, 2009 - 07:41 PM

It also doesn't explain how the engine is cooled or started.

There is a paragraph on those in there.

• rufusz

Posted November 04, 2009 - 03:43 AM

Could like nice on the showroom floor, but that's it. I think the exhaust/intake ports have been designed for a single direction air flow, and reversing this would be far from optimal.

Also that rear brake disc is awful and looks like it could brake any moment.

Would sell it right away at some bling-bling guy...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.