Traded my yz426 for a wr450...what now??

4 replies to this topic
  • dbshea

Posted November 02, 2009 - 08:24 PM

Evening thumpers, as the title states I just traded my 00 yz426 (pretty modified) for a bone stock 07 wr450. I think I did pretty darn well in that deal, gonna miss my xd 45 but I think the bike will make up for it. Anyway, what can I expect out of this bike? Best/ worst mods? As soon as I post this I'm going straight to the stickies. My big question is what of the street legal stuff can I ditch. Really only want to keep the lights for desert legality.

• Flooder305

Posted November 02, 2009 - 10:18 PM

:ride: :lol: :smirk: All I can say is wow.... I've got an '01 426 to trade you if you have any remorse whatsoever...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbshea

Posted November 03, 2009 - 11:46 AM

Haha, not too likely...even all corked up this thing has potential. I cannot believe that A) the factory produced this bike with that terrible a throttle stop and :smirk: that the PO left it that way!!

• YamaLink

Posted November 03, 2009 - 02:49 PM

I'll toss the first one out: AIS removal.

• dbshea

Posted November 03, 2009 - 07:03 PM

Yea I saw that on one of the stickies...I'm pretty sure the exhaust, the intake snorkels, the gray wire, and the AIS garbage is mandatory. Any other tips for a new WR guy? I'm In the process of ditching the lights and the speedo. May make quick disco's so I can slap them back on for the desert. Not sure yet...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.