WR triple clamp options? Heavy steering...

4 replies to this topic
  • ShibbyZ

Posted November 02, 2009 - 06:05 PM

I love my 450F. Smooth linear power though really feeling somewhat heavy over the past couple of years riding it and having a chance to ride other bikes. I ride in sandy FL. It wears Michelin S12 on both ends. No additional weight has been added. I use a YZ rear fender. Suspension is stock. I have been riding my son's KTM EXC250 2T more because the 40 lbs. less has been a break. I've noticed more controlled steering with the KTM. Not as tired. What I'm wondering, is there an option for triple clamps to change the offset? The WR seems to take over and fight for the direction I want to go. Makes for more of a workout than I desire. I've got it set for my 185 lbs. Tried it softer but it wallows even more. Anyone tried a change? Maybe a Rekluse adjustable front axle? Rather not get a new bike when the WR is so good. I'd appreciate any advice.

• ncampion

Posted November 02, 2009 - 07:35 PM

Try contacting the guys at BRP. They have all kinds of options to try. BRPMOTO.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted November 02, 2009 - 08:09 PM

Alot of the pro offroad guys run these.

http://www.ziptyraci....aspx?id=MTYxMw==

• ShibbyZ

Posted November 03, 2009 - 03:46 PM

Oh yeah! Outside the box. I was looking at the the big catalog sales sites, not individual distributor/ manufacturers.
17 degree offset! Gotta be a major change.
You guys are so lucky to plate yours. I haven't found a way in FL. Law states no off-highway will be titled for the street. I thought they may jump at the chance to get more revenue. I'd be more than happy to pay my annual fees and save fuel. Plus the 'fun meter' goes way up on the commute! Thanks.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 04, 2009 - 06:37 AM

I love my 450F. Smooth linear power though really feeling somewhat heavy over the past couple of years riding it and having a chance to ride other bikes. I ride in sandy FL. It wears Michelin S12 on both ends. No additional weight has been added. I use a YZ rear fender. Suspension is stock. I have been riding my son's KTM EXC250 2T more because the 40 lbs. less has been a break. I've noticed more controlled steering with the KTM. Not as tired. What I'm wondering, is there an option for triple clamps to change the offset? The WR seems to take over and fight for the direction I want to go. Makes for more of a workout than I desire. I've got it set for my 185 lbs. Tried it softer but it wallows even more. Anyone tried a change? Maybe a Rekluse adjustable front axle? Rather not get a new bike when the WR is so good. I'd appreciate any advice.

If you have stock springs, you probably need to to stiffer. Soft springs contribute to a 'turning in sand' feel at all times.

Have you every serviced your steering head bearings?

Raising / rotating your bars makes steering much lighter too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.