Crank or no Crank

3 replies to this topic
  • Jake92

Posted November 02, 2009 - 07:35 AM

2006 YZ 450. 100 hours.

Bike runs good, has some piston slap noise. I am gonna rebuild top end but am uncertain on lower end.

What do you guys think?
Also, anybody run hotcams?

• outcast623

Posted November 02, 2009 - 11:57 AM

After you get the top end apart, mount a dial indicator on the engine, check rod side clearance less than 0.080 you are good. then check for up and down movement of the rod.. if everything is in spec, and you are not planning on splitting the cases, I say new piston/cylinder and ride the thing.

as for the hot cams, idk, I just bought a set of stage 2's for my BB supermoto:ride: Im putting the engine together right now. I'll have to get back at you on that one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jake92

Posted November 02, 2009 - 12:55 PM

Thanks!

• DirtPipeRider

Posted November 02, 2009 - 01:20 PM

yea ive been running stage 1 HotCams all this season and absolutely love them, they really wake up the bottom and mid range just what the yz250f needs, i havn't paid for the gains with loss of power anywhere else either, by far my favorite engine mod on my bike.
i would recommend them to anybody.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.