lets try something different

ok so we all look here for advice when something goes wrong. We have questions on how to fix whats broken, or whats wrong with my bike? Personally, I first came to ThumperTalk in 2003 to learn the free mods for my WR400. But what about the guys whose bikes don't break down or have problems. My WR has never required major work. I'd guess I have over 10000 miles of Michigan trails on mine. Never had either of the engine covers off. Never had to do more than regular maintenence. Lets hear what some of you have to say about your reliable machines! It is really amazing how far dirt bikes have come. My first bike was a 72 Honda SL125 (4 stroke before 4 strokes were cool) What a turd! You had to work on it for at least 4 hours to enjoy a 20 minute ride, and you were always gauranteed to push it home.?

My first bike was a 72 Honda SL125 (4 stroke before 4 strokes were cool) What a turd! You had to work on it for at least 4 hours to enjoy a 20 minute ride, and you were always gauranteed to push it home.?

I recall spending alot of time at the local bike shop looking at the SL bikes :ride: Wasn't the SL125 the one that had the huge front tire? A 23 inch I believe??

I had over 10,000 miles of street/dirt/dualsport/supermotard on my 2003 WR450. Only required 1 valve adjustment. Purchased it new in 2003, sold it in 2008.

Now I have a 2007, and am enjoying the same reliability! Over 4,000 miles so far and only oil changes for maintenance.