What settings for rekluse pro ?

4 replies to this topic
  • onelugnut

Posted November 01, 2009 - 05:58 PM

Just wondering for you that have the rekluse pro dialed in. What spring and number of balls did you use. what type of riding and terrain do you mostly ride on.

• eazrider

Posted November 01, 2009 - 11:19 PM

I have an '06 on which I have the Rekluse pro installed. I previously had the earlier Rekluse, but found it to be an issue on starting lines (couldn't hold the clutch in, as the bike would creep as rpms increased) The Pro, handles all that, and is less maintenance intensive as well, requires less attention. With the older Rekluse I used heavier balls to drop the engagment point. I liked to be able to hop over rocks and logs by burping the throttle. The stock setup engaged a bit too high for that sort of response. I was prpared to use the heavier balls with the "Pro" version, but decided to baseline it as it came from Rekluse. I found the stock "Pro" set up as deliverd by Rekluse worked fine, and did not need the extra balls. The 450 has enough grunt it can torque its way through a lower engagment point. A 250 may not be that flexible. Also, I retained the handle bar adjuster from my earlier Rekluse, this allowed me to further tune the engagment of the clutch. I can sit on the starting line with the clutch "in" experience no creep, and with practice, feed it in for the first bit just like a stocker, and then forget about it the rest of the day...just like cheating......:smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • onelugnut

Posted November 02, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Thank you eazrider. I think I have the engagment point set pretty good.I get no creep at idle but it is close. The problem I had after the first ride is controling the throttle on some of the nasty technical uphills, before I would use the clutch to ride that fine line with out looping it over. I was wonder if using the 24 balls would help a little bit.

• Wiz636

Posted November 02, 2009 - 10:21 AM

I personally do not know anybody that was happy using just 24 balls...it is too 'soft' feeling.

I use 27 balls and both the main spring and the softer of the bigger diameter springs. If I use just the main spring then I can actually brake-stall the bike because it does not disengage quite quick enough..

• onelugnut

Posted November 02, 2009 - 12:20 PM

I personally do not know anybody that was happy using just 24 balls...it is too 'soft' feeling.

I use 27 balls and both the main spring and the softer of the bigger diameter springs. If I use just the main spring then I can actually brake-stall the bike because it does not disengage quite quick enough..

I have the dual rear break kit with the two finger clutch. Maybe i need to get it adjusted and use it more.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.