Dual Sported '02 WR

4 replies to this topic
  • Blue Man

Posted April 22, 2003 - 06:03 PM


Just got my 02 both dual sported and green stickered in California, yes it can be done.....and it was painless.

  • ETP

Posted April 23, 2003 - 02:05 PM


Congratulations! :) Its a pretty complicated issue as you must know. I just got my 2003 WR450F reg approved in Vermont. What Cal DMV office did you score in, and what was the clerks name???
Does your VIN number have a "3" or a "C" in the 8th position?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blue Man

Posted April 23, 2003 - 04:26 PM


It was not complicated at all, the laws have changed and it is legal to DS an '02 and older bike reguardless of what it is. I went to Barstow and my brother went to Victorville and we both had no problems.

  • kev426

Posted April 23, 2003 - 06:43 PM


Blue Man i just ordered my dualsport kit and will be doing the same as you. Where do i start the process after the kit is installed? CHP, DMV? do you have a step by step guide :) thanks for any help you can provide


Posted April 24, 2003 - 10:14 AM


I have an 02WR also, yes with a ca. plate, all you need is a brake and lamp inspection, there are many places that do that, and a vin verification, I went to one of thoes independant registation offices, not dmv, they do everything there, it costs a little bit more but they do all the leg work for you and you don't have to go to the dmv. :)


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.