more jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2000 - 03:14 AM

I need more help with jetting my 99 400. I am now at 175 main and 50 pilot. I noticed last night that my pipe was heating up at idle. Does this mean I should go even larger on the pilot? I also purchased a White Brothers E-Series pipe and silencer.

Does anyone else have one? If so how many discs are you running?

Thanks
Nick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 03, 2000 - 05:39 AM

I think all 4-strokes pipes glow in the dark, so don't jump to conclusions and assume you are jetted lean.

My 426 header glows after about a minute. After two minutes its almost translucent. Of course this is only apparent after dark, in broad daylight the pipe looks normal.

Pilot jet should not effect mixture at idle. Idle mixture is altered by adjusting fuel screw at bottom of carb.

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 08-03-2000).]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.