I'v been Ported

5 replies to this topic
  • Clark_Mason

Posted April 01, 2001 - 06:28 AM

On Thursday I had my hernia surgery and it did turn out to be a DOUBLE one large hernia repair on the left and a smaller repair on the right. The Doc completes this procedure through three small holes into your abdominal cavity using orthoscopic tools after inflating your abdomen with CO2 so he can move his tools and camera around inside your abdomen. He then places a body compatible mesh up against the inside of the abdominal wall from the inside over the hernia tear and staples it in place.

So I have three small holes in my abdomen I'v been ported. Surgery went well recovery time 6 weeks til I ride again and probably 10 weeks before serious off roading.

• Bill

Posted April 01, 2001 - 07:21 AM

Good to gear your on the mend. I had the surgery some thirty-five, plus years ago and still have a huge scar. Technology is cool, microsugery and carbon fiber :)

When are you going to post pics of the XR?

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted April 01, 2001 - 09:49 PM

If I ever need the same procedure I'll see if the doctor can use the CO2 in my beer to aid him in surgery...... :)

Seriously, good to hear you're on the road to recovery. When are you going back to Kennedy Meadows? I'm dying to ride there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 01, 2001 - 04:38 PM

Clark, Wow!! Well Its good that you're on the road to recovery, I hope you're feeling fine, get well soon!! This might be bad news for you but think of it this way, now you have more time to answer all of our dumb questions we'll have for you. :)
10 weeks huh? Just in time for Kennedy Meadows..........See Ya, Dan

• Hick

Posted April 02, 2001 - 07:53 AM

I didn’t have a double but had the same procedure (the mesh thing) done on one side and was also told six weeks. To be honest, at first I thought this was overly optimistic. Gawd did that sucker smart!

But I was riding, exercising some restraint, in four or five weeks and felt no affects whatsoever after two months.

But you will always know it is there…

BTW do you know how you did it? I traced mine to a fifth gear wheelie-cum-loopout on my 500…

• James_Dean

Posted April 02, 2001 - 11:39 AM

Good to hear you're on your way to recovery. That sounds like a wild porting job, inflated with CO2 !!! :)

Hope you are feeling well soon, 6-10 weeks and you'll be ready for summer riding.

Take care,

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.