WR450F JD Jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • unclemd

Posted October 30, 2009 - 06:18 PM

Bought the bike second hand all free mods are complete haven't looked in the carb yet but found a piece of paper with what jetting was installed(listed below). My exhaust is arriving next week going to install it then LEXX MXe slip on with a Pro Circuit header. Hot Cams will be installed in the spring. I would like to be able to jet it now so when the spring comes and i put the cams in i don't have to rejet again. My JD jet kit should be here next week as well. What jetting do you guys recommend based on the jetting in the bike now? Will i have to rejet when i put the cams in?

Year: 2007
Model (400 - 426 - 450): 450
Cam Timing (WR/YZ): WR
Main jet: 168
Pilot Jet: 48
PAJ: Unknown
Leak Jet: 45
Starter Jet: Unknown
Fuel screw (turns out): GYTR not sure about the turns
Needle Model/Clip position: 4th AIS kit needle
Grey Wire Mod (Y/N): Y
TPS Connected (Y/N): Y
Airbox Snorkel/Lid (on or off): Snorkel Off
AIS Removed (Y/N): Y
Airfilter Brand: GYTR
Exhaust Brand: Stock Pea Shooter removed
Average Altitude: 0-800 feet
Average Temperature: 30 - 90
Average Humidity: 80%
Degree of Satisfaction (0-10): 8 Seems to run well never tried it stock to compare
Additional Mods/Comments: None

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted October 31, 2009 - 02:33 AM

Wait until you get the JD kit. It comes with very detailed instructions on how, and what, to install. I can't remember if the cam's come with any jetting info....wait and see...

Also, when you get the kit, if you have any questions at all, simply call JD up and ask.

Either way, I would not jet to accommodate the cam's, until the cam's go in.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.