07-09 wr frame diff'

1 reply to this topic
  • BIG_FAT_&_SLOW

Posted October 30, 2009 - 01:08 PM

I remember reading an article that said the wr 450 frame is actually different than the yz in terms of rake and trail. Is that true? Also I know in either 07 or 08 the yz clutch was updated and it's pull is really light. Is this the same for the wr? How does this bike turn in tight lock to lock trails? Thanks for the answers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CORider63

Posted October 30, 2009 - 01:12 PM

I can't answer the frame geometry or clutch questions, but one of the first things I noticed on my '07 WR-450 was how "soon" it hit the steering stops.

I ended up grinding on the steering stop blocks with a Dremel until the forks started to get close to the gas tank. I like it much better this way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.