02 YZ426 Black Plastics

4 replies to this topic
  • jdswanny

Posted October 30, 2009 - 08:36 AM

I currently have all black plastics that need to be replaced but I can not find a shrouds and side panels. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MS

• DrThumper

Posted October 30, 2009 - 11:34 AM

My '00 is all black. I think I used Polis Sport or maybe Ascerbis. I did it back in '05 and it was hard to find black aftermarket replacements back then. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buzzgrizz

Posted October 30, 2009 - 11:39 AM

I know Acerbis used to make black side panels because I'm running them on my 426 now im not sure about the shrouds though

• DrThumper

Posted October 30, 2009 - 11:43 AM

Now that I'm thinking about it, the shrouds were from Ascerbis, the fenders were Polis Sport, the fork guards were Ascerbis or Polis Sport, the side panels were Ascerbis.

Still got that goofy (oversized) IMS blue tank though. Couldn't see myself spending that much just for a black tank, and since it covers the top of the motor so much it's already heatin' up the gas, black would only make it worse.

• jdswanny

Posted October 30, 2009 - 01:23 PM

I rememeber having a hard time when I originally changed it to black. If I can't find the shrouds and side panels in black I might have to have a Zebra bike. My frame is powder coated black so going back to blue won't work.

Thanks for the input.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.