anyone knows the diff b/t a japanese/american wrf450

3 replies to this topic
  • ech

Posted October 28, 2009 - 09:05 PM

i just bought a brand new 09 wrf450 ... i live in nicaragua, central america... and all our bikes are imported from japan.... so i was wondering if my jetting was different ? or maybe my muffler? b/c i know american bikes are very regulated due to pollution ? anyone ?

• Island Boy

Posted October 30, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Don't think so. I am in the Bahamas and my 07 bike came directly from Japan thru the dealer here. It is the same as the US 07. The european 07's had a few differences - bigger headlight, lisence plate holder for street use. I dont know why mine came with the AIS... I took that off faster than a prom dress.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted October 30, 2009 - 04:38 PM

Other than tire size differences between some continents on the WR250F, the 450F is relatively the same across the board in the latter years.

• stev0

Posted October 31, 2009 - 06:54 AM

The European bike almost looks like it has the TTR250 headlight...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.