dents in bottom of '26F muffler

3 replies to this topic
  • MikeOK

Posted July 23, 2000 - 06:19 AM

Any of you have this problem? Mine was dented new from the dealer, there are a couple dents on the bottom of the muffler, looks like it could have been from the tire on bottoming but no scratches, just a couple of small dents. I didn't think much about it until I saw a picture from one for sale and it had almost dents in almost the same place...

Mike
'00 YZ426F

• 4banger

Posted July 23, 2000 - 08:01 AM

The factory puts them there. I guess it is so if you bottom out the shock, there will be enough clearance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 23, 2000 - 02:48 PM

the dents are there to clear the rear caliper in the case you bottom the suspension completely out. I thought the same thing at first

Norman Kissam
Beaumont, TX

• Matt_Porritt

Posted July 25, 2000 - 01:41 AM

My E-Series now has the same shaped dents in it from the caliper! :)

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.