07 WR450 Jetting?

4 replies to this topic
  • Race Face

Posted October 27, 2009 - 03:10 PM

My 07 WR450 is about 2yrs old. I've done all the mods minus the air box and air injection kit. I just installed a White Bros header and pipe. Doesn't seem to be running as well at high rpm. I've checked White Bros website, couldn't find any info on jetting. Do I need to change the jetting after installing exhaust? Is the air injection causing this? Does anyone have a preference for jetting. I ride in southern California deserts, anything would help.

Thanks

• William1

Posted October 27, 2009 - 03:59 PM

When you install a more open exhaust, you need to richen the jetting. There is not single jetting setup for a particular bike model or exhaust. You must test your bike and adjust to suit for your bike and where you ride. But I suggest trying a main at least 2 sizes larger and possibly raising the needle a clip or two (movng it farther from the top/flat).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted October 27, 2009 - 04:00 PM

Check out this for jetting suggestions. I run the JDJetting kit with the 168 main and 48 pilot.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

• tribalbc

Posted October 27, 2009 - 04:11 PM

I would suggest opening up that airbox as well.

• Race Face

Posted October 27, 2009 - 04:19 PM

Great! Thanks guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.