what is the best choice of cams for a 08 WR450F

8 replies to this topic
  • HEELER

Posted October 26, 2009 - 10:21 PM

Me again. Im going too pull my bike down and do a few mods and was wondering what is or would be the best cams for it. Any info on the subject would be of great use. Thank's guy's :bonk:

• tribalbc

Posted October 27, 2009 - 07:18 AM

Well if money isn't an issue then Hot Cams. They come with the decompression set up so the bike will estart as usual.
YZ cams you have the estart issue I'm still working through :bonk:

As far as YZ cams 06 for more bottom-mid 07-08 more top end.
The Hot Cams will be more top end as well.

• ww44wrf450f

Posted October 27, 2009 - 08:29 AM

I just ordered an exhaust cam for mine. hotcam # 4044-1E -- after searching I didn't want any issues with the electric start?

http://www.hotcamsin...x=60&enter.y=10

Do a search -- lots of info -- they say the hardest hitting cam is the y's 04 exhaust cam.

What mod's have you done to the bike already? Your best gain will be to get ride of your header pipe and muffler on a stock wr 07-10. The 06's and older had the yz's header pipe, they just needed a slip-on!

• HEELER

Posted October 27, 2009 - 11:59 PM

Cheer's tribalbc. I have been following your thread "great work" and i read about your estart prob so i might go hot cams.

Edited by HEELER, October 28, 2009 - 12:47 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HEELER

Posted October 28, 2009 - 12:12 AM

Thank's for the web address ww44wrf450f i shall have look. I haven't done anything yet apart from the normal things ( grey wire and all that other guff ) but i am going to do the same as what tribalbc has done. Im still thinking about what type or is the best choise of exhaust

• ww44wrf450f

Posted October 28, 2009 - 02:37 AM

Thank's for the web address ww44wrf450f i shall have look. I haven't done anything yet apart from the normal things ( grey wire and all that other guff ) but i am going to do the same as what tribalbc has done. Im still thinking about what type or is the best choise of exhaust

A fellow ttr, "Clarke" help alot when I set mine up last year he gave me great advice on my suspension and pipe choices.

If noise is not an issue go with a full DR.D system. Alot of research and development when into it, it rocks.

• HEELER

Posted October 28, 2009 - 02:59 AM

What do you think about FMF pipes i get mixed reactions about them. I found a FMF ti-power core with a bomb header of a 06 model on ebay for $150 AU. Will that fit :bonk:

• ww44wrf450f

Posted October 28, 2009 - 03:48 AM

That pipe will fit if it's for the yz450f--- you need to find a system in the 07-09 year range? for a wr or an 06 - 09 on a yz450f I beleive. For the best bang money wize try to find a used 06-09 yz full system. Again if money is not a concern or noise buy a full s.steel. DR.D there around $430 US on fleabay. Ti is nice and light but get damaged way to easy, imo.

• tribalbc

Posted October 28, 2009 - 07:58 AM

What do you think about FMF pipes i get mixed reactions about them. I found a FMF ti-power core with a bomb header of a 06 model on ebay for $150 AU. Will that fit :bonk:

If it's for an 06 YZ it will fit, 06 WR no.

If it fits that's a hell of a deal. You'll find big gains with anything besides the stock exhaust but I would think that is one of your better combos if noise and spark arrestor are not an issue.
I've only owned 2 stroke FMF pipes but I've always found them to be quality pipes :bonk:
I have a 08 YZ header and can with PMB spark arrestor and silent insert on my bike. I need to pass 96db's and have a spark arrestor for the racing I do. This system gave me alot more everywhere but especially bottom-mid.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.