Good deal for a yz426f????

3 replies to this topic
  • Jcvibby

Posted October 26, 2009 - 04:50 PM

I have a guy( semi mutual aquaintance) that has ran on tough times and is selling his stuff. He has a pretty good condition 426 that sounds real healthy. No rattling, clanking, ticking, etc nothing that I can tell. It's a 2003. He also has a hjc helmet, smith goggles, tech 8 boots that fit perfectly, and a kick up type aluminum center stand. If I can get all this for $1500 out the door what do you think??? Thanks for the imput

• MuDPoUNdeR

Posted October 26, 2009 - 05:07 PM

1) They don't make a 2003 yz426f. If it is a 2003 it may be a 450. Yz426f 00-02.
2)Would have to see the condition of the bike. Did he mantain oil changes and filter changes? Did he service the bike at all?

If it all checks out to be all good then go for it. Good deal to me!

B.T.W. - Don't cheap out on someone who is going through a hard time (not saying you are). Sounds like he may need the money, if it's a good bike and gear be a little generous. It may be a killer deal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jcvibby

Posted October 26, 2009 - 05:48 PM

It's a 2002. Sorry about that. I'm not trying to cheap the guy that's all I can afford. He has all the maintanance records. He kept really good care of it

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 26, 2009 - 05:59 PM

thats a fair deal not a steal. there running from 1000-2000 around my area.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.