YZ400 getting stuck in neutral

1 reply to this topic
  • Kennymac

Posted July 19, 2000 - 10:57 AM

I sometimes have problems shifting from 2nd to 1st. It gets stuck in N. I have to step on it a few times before it'll down shift. Anyone - comments, similar situations, fixes?
maybe I should just stay in 2nd and roost it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kris_Stratton

Posted July 20, 2000 - 04:11 AM

My 99 is doing that very same thing. I kick it down into 1st and it won't go. I don't know the fix. I sometimes have to slip the clutch a little as I am pushing it down into first. My buddy with a 99 YZ250 had his shift drums and forks polished and it solved that problem but now it is very notchy shifting everywhere else. I rode it and didn't like the result at all. He doesn't either. I would rather deal with this intermittent problem. It doesn't always happen nor has it gotten any worse since I have owned the bike. Any comments??

------------------
99 YZ400 Stock!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.