ways to detune a 08 yz450

10 replies to this topic
  • qwert321

Posted October 26, 2009 - 02:29 PM

I know most people dont want to detune there 450 but I ride a yz144 most of the time but also own a 08yz450. problem is that even with stock exhaust it is way to much bike when I get on it. looking for a cheap way to tame it alot I am talking more then 250f but less then what a 400 would be.thinking best would be to restrit exhaust more but worried that motor would produce more heat.

• grayracer513

Posted October 26, 2009 - 02:36 PM

Install the exhaust cam from an '06 or '07 WR450, and add the heaviest available flywheel.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted October 26, 2009 - 02:41 PM

Moose Altered Ratio Throttle Cams
http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=341

G2 Throttle Cams
http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=165

I don't use, but I've read others have had success with them. Maybe do a little digging on them.

• gfmoto

Posted October 26, 2009 - 08:36 PM

the cheapest and simplest fix it to add one tooth the front counter shaft sprocket, for $15 you will have a much more mellow power delivery.

• T Bolt USA

Posted October 26, 2009 - 08:41 PM

the cheapest and simplest fix it to add one tooth the front counter shaft sprocket, for $15 you will have a much more mellow power delivery.

thats exactly what i was going to say ,,,,old school cheap fix

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted October 26, 2009 - 08:50 PM

Well I stuck 14/47 combo on my 08 and it tamed it too much (13/49 is stock) I backed down to a 13/47 combo and the bike hooks up pretty well now and isn't geared so high in first maybe you could also try the GYTR offroad FWW. I have one on my bike and I wouldn't say it tames the bike just makes it a lot funner to ride.

• wondermuscle

Posted October 29, 2009 - 09:34 AM

You could put in a WR thorttle stop. It is simple.... Remove the yz throttle stop and intall the WR version.

I think you can buy the WR version.... If not, I'm sure you can find a machine screw that is the appropriate length.

• CanadianWR450

Posted October 29, 2009 - 04:53 PM

You could put in a WR thorttle stop. It is simple.... Remove the yz throttle stop and intall the WR version.

I think you can buy the WR version.... If not, I'm sure you can find a machine screw that is the appropriate length.

You will have no problems finding WR owners on here willing to trade you throttle stops....:smirk:

The 50% throttle restriction will certainly accomplish your goal...

• psmith85

Posted October 29, 2009 - 05:16 PM

Gearing or flywheel weight. I like the idea of the 14 tooth sprocket. As you get use to the power you will be able to use the gearing to change the power to your liking.

• FinchFan194

Posted October 29, 2009 - 05:44 PM

two words-throttle control. . .just sayin.

• Family Man

Posted October 29, 2009 - 09:11 PM

Why would you ever want to detune your bike? ***. After all, a tuned bike plus practice= fast and fun.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.